Googling the Internet for “DJI Phantom 4” or “DJI Phantom 4 Rumors” and you can quickly become overwhelmed. So how do you sift through everything? What is fact and what is fiction? It’s still a bit early to be definitive, but thanks to what Jason at RC Drone Arena refers to as “very reliable sources,” we now have a few details. I’m gonna qualify the following list with the statement that these are all rumors.
- Larger Capacity Batteries: This should increase flight time.
- Improved Camera: While we may not see resolutions in excess of 4K, there is still room for improvement on bitrate, frame rate, low light performance, color processing, etc.
- Improved Video Stream: Look for 1080p as a replacement for 720p.
What else could we see?
- Improved Obstacle Avoidance
- Dedicated Customizable Buttons
- Dedicated Return to Home Button
- Improved Shell
For more rumor filled fun, check out DJI Phantom 4: What we know so far!
DJI is a Chinese technology company founded in 2006 by Frank Wang and headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong province, China. It manufactures commercial and recreational unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for aerial photography and videography. According to The Economist, the company is at the forefront of the civilian-drone industry.