Introduction to Drones – Course Deposit
This two-day, six unit course is an introduction to drones and flight safety. You will be trained by a CFI ground school instructor, learning using the latest technology; drones, flight systems and batteries. Build, screw, wrench, program, plug wires and learn to fly. Upon completion, a FAA ground school exam written sign-off is provided. All FAA ground school exam graduates qualify for job placement services. This course trains you on a DJI Phantom (either a 3 or 4, depending upon your choice) provided by Drone Universities that you will take-home with you upon course completion.
Don’t know which drone to select? Learn more about each package by reviewing our Introduction to Drones – Take-Home Drone Comparison or select a specific package from the list below:
- DJI Phantom 3 “Professional” Package [Recommended]
- DJI Phantom 3 “Standard” Package
- DJI Phantom 2 v2.0 “Basic” Package
Graduates will receive a Drone Pilot Competency Certificate, FAA Ground School Sign-off and a take-home DJI Phantom (either a 3, or 4 depending upon your choice). Course pricing varies based upon take-home drone selection. All students who complete this course, may retake this course free of charge for 2 years*.
Course Cost: $2,000-$3,000* – View Course Locations and Schedule
1. This is offered as a refresher course. Students who retake this course will not receive a certificate or FAA Ground School Sign-off and they must provide their own drone.
2. Course cost varies based upon take-home drone selection.